It's been a while since I've organised the 1st Drupal event in Moldova (to be precise 7 of January 2011 - Drupal 7 Release Party).
Since then, we've learned a lot by working on different projects in different countries.
Since then, more and more Drupal companies opened their offices in our country.
Since then, we've visited couple of Drupal Camps and Cons, in Ukraine, Romania, US, Germany, etc.
Since then, we had tons of events, official (such as Drupal Global Training Day) and informal (such as beer-offlines). And now, we're aiming even higher: first Drupal Camp in Moldova.
After founding Drupal Moldova Association, we always had in mind that we are going to finally organize this event.
Now that we're here, we want to organize one of the best camps you'll ever visit :)
Alright, so, how do we make it one of the best camps out here?
- 33 sessions - yes, you heard that right, 33 sessions split in 3 tracks. Our local guys can share tons of experience as they've worked on lots of big international projects. That's why Moldovans usually hold around 5-7 sessions on nearby camps.
- Sessions will be held in all 3 languages and 3 difficulty types: Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced.
- Local and International Drupal companies.
- We target to bring over many foreign attendees from: Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine, France, Denmark, Germany, UK, US and more (hey, maybe you want to join in? ;;) )
- Country / City itself, we've got cheap beer and good wine, regarding that, we're planning a small surprise for our attendees, oh you're gonna like this!
- Party - yeah, this is an interesting networking part. Geeky games, good music with our DJ friend, more beer and wine, what else? I hope we'll wake up for the 2nd day.
What if you want to be a speaker and you're on the budget?
Well, we will are in process of negotiating better prices with a couple of Hotels and Hostels so you guys can have a better stay. Also things here are pretty cheap: a cab to any part of the city is around 2.2 $ / 1.6 Euro, a beer in any cafe / bar is around 2$, a bottle of wine in a cafe / bar / restaurant is around 8$ - 12$.
What if you guys come earlier?
Well, one of our guys (asgorobets / Alexei) will also organize a pre-event party, mainly for networking and getting to know each other.
What if you're a business owner and you want to get to know our local market?
Well, you can apply as a Golden / Silver sponsor of our event and join us at the CXO dinner which will take place the evening before the event. Here is the perfect time and place to ask questions local companies and us (Drupal Moldova Association) - we will do our best to answer all of your questions.
What if you took a vacation and you want to get to know Moldova better?
Well, I will personally recommend you all the nice places to visit in Chisinau, hostels or hotels to stay in and events to visit.
Can I get a decent Internet connection in Moldova?
Khm-khm, we have one of the best connectivity in the world. We used to be on 7th position in the world, now we dropped to 17th (http://www.netindex.com/download/allcountries/) but you can find free Wi-Fi anywhere (I mean, outside Moldcamp): all cafes, parks, malls, bus stations have free high-speed Wifi internet.
If you have any other questions, I will be glad to answer them.
I hope to see you here.
Also, in later post, I will talk about how exactly we've organized the event, where was our focus, what tools have we used, what partnerships we looked for, etc.